Who do I report tax accountant misconduct to?

In most countries, everybody must file a yearly income-tax report. Even if you don’t owe any money, it is still against the law if you don’t file your report with the tax office.

Here in Phuket, I have always submitted all my income and expense information to my accountant every year for my company and I have always paid him for that service. I just recently found out that, although I paid him, he did not do anything with that information.

He did not do a year-end report and did not provide me with any documents to show he filed the information with the...

  • Asked on Saturday, September 29, 2007 | 11:56 AM
    R Downing, Phuket.

“Our website has recommended accounting companies, however we are not able to control them. They include both accounting offices, individual accountants for hire and auditing companies.

I would suggest separating between your auditor and your accounting company since they will likely resist each other. All tax auditors must have a license from the Federation of Accounting Professions (KorBorChor) to control and certify, if there is problem you should check with the KorBorChor and tell them that the auditors have misleading behavior, so that they can withdraw the license if they do something wrong.

You should change your accountant, but before doing so you should get all of your tax reports back and then proceed with the change.

For more information, contact the Phuket Revenue Office at 076-330478.

  • Answered on Saturday, September 29, 2007 | 11:56 AM
    An officer from the Phuket Revenue Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer