Electrical oversupply in Phuket

I live in Kathu. During the past year I have replaced three electric toasters, one washing machine, one TV set and a great number of light bulbs.

I have now measured my electrical supply with a digital multimeter and found that the voltage is 300 Volts. This is way too high for all the devices that I buy here.

Who do I contact to correct the supply of electricity to the 220 volts that it is supposed to be?

  • Asked on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 | 07:57 PM
    Jannie Breytenbach, Kathu

I don’t know why your power supply is 300 volts, but if let us know exactly where you live we can send someone to check it out.

There are three telephone numbers that residents in Kathu district can call to report problems with your power supply.

Residents who live anywhere between the bypass road and the Caltex garage in Tung Tong should report problems to 076-210427-8 or 076-210379.

Residents in Patong, anywhere from the Chinese shrine on top of Patong Hill all the way to just south of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort to as far north as Kalim, should report problems to 076-345574.

Residents in Kamala should call: 076-313646.

You can also report electricity supply problems directly to me by email at somchai.sit@pea.co.th.

  • Answered on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 | 07:57 PM
    Somchai Sittipong, Deputy Chief of the Phuket Provincial Electricity Authority (PPEA) Works division.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer