Two-month stays on tourist visas

I have a “2 entry” tourist visa. Each entry is for two months and the visa was issued in Vancouver, Canada.

When I entered Thailand on October 24, my passport was stamped allowing me to stay for two months.

My question is: Do I need to leave the country and re-enter Thailand for another two months’ stay? Or, can this be done at the Immigration Office in Phuket?

  • Asked on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 | 11:59 AM
    John Graham, Canada.

For this type of visa, what we call a “double-entry visa”, you must go out of the country after your first two months’ stay, and then you can re-enter Thailand and stay two months more.

If you come to extend your permit-to-stay at our Immigration office, we can extend your stay only 30 days – not two months.

So, to receive another two months’ stay, you need to go on a “visa run” to a neighboring country and then re-enter Thailand.

  • Answered on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 | 11:59 AM
    Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer