Renewing Burmese work permits

What can I do if my Thai partner refuses to sign the documents for renewing Burmese work permits and also refuses to sign over the authority to do this to my work-permit-holding foreign manager?

I used to do it myself, but I’m now on a retirement visa.

  • Asked on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 | 12:25 PM
    Horst Lakits, Rawai.

You do not need the Thai partner to hand over the authority to apply for the Burmese work permits to be renewed. Anyone with the correct authority can do it.

As you now hold a retirement visa and do not have a work permit, you cannot apply. However, if your foreign manager who has a work permit is also a shareholder in the company that has hired the Burmese, he or she may apply.

Alternatively, you can ask a Thai partner to do it for you.

  • Answered on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 | 12:25 PM
    Janya Yingyong, officer at Phuket Provincial Employment Office Work Permit Section.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer