Can we invite the mayor to our wedding?

I’m looking to have a wedding ceremony in Karon or at a beach in Phuket and I’ve heard that the mayor can preside over the ceremony. I searched on Google, but all I found were old Gazette articles. Do you know how I can contact the mayor or what else I can do to get help?

  • Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 | 06:54 PM
    Kristin, Sweden.

You can contact the Kata-Karon Municipality directly regarding your wedding ceremony. We permit couples to hold their ceremonies on our beach and I would be honored to preside over your wedding ceremony.

Contact the Kata-Karon Municipality at Tel: 076-330186, Email: [email protected]

Alternatively, call me direct at 081-9784471, though please note that I am more proficient in Thai than English.

  • Answered on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 | 06:54 PM
    Tawee Thongchaem, Mayor of Kata-Karon.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer