‘Visas’ for dependents of retirees

My wife at present has a non-immigrant B visa. I hold a retirement visa. Can my wife change her visa to be dependent based on my retirement visa here in Phuket? Can our daughter also stay as dependent on my retirement visa?

  • Asked on Thursday, September 18, 2008 | 05:42 PM
    Gisbert, Phuket.

New changes have been made to the rules regarding retirees. Spouses of people staying in Thailand on retirement ‘visas’ can now be issued a permit-to-stay following approval of the retirement visa.

The spouse can be any age and siblings are also granted permits-to-stay providing that they are under 20 years old.

  • Answered on Thursday, September 18, 2008 | 05:42 PM
    Pol Capt Napat Noosen of Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer