Adoption of Thai children

I am a British national with a Thai wife and we are trying to adopt her children. All has gone well so far, with the father and other legal guardians agreeing to the adoption at the District Office in Nakhon Sri Thammarat. When we presented the adoption agreement from the District Office to Thai Adoption Agency in Bangkok they requested a letter from the UK Adoption Agency to say that I will adopt the children under UK law. The UK agency says that I can only adopt under UK law if I am domiciled in the UK. I do not live nor...

  • Asked on Saturday, January 20, 2001 | 12:43 AM
    Steve Jeffrey, Nakhon Sri Thammarat

If you have already finished all the paper work at the Nakhon Sri Thammarat District Office, then everything should be fine. You don’t have to go to the agency in Bangkok. If you have more questions, contact either the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Provincial State Attorney’s Office or the Provincial Public Welfare Office for help.

  • Answered on Saturday, January 20, 2001 | 12:43 AM
    Krisda Suebpong, Phuket Provincial Chief State Attorney
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer