Thai Driver’s License

I have an International Driver’s License that is due to expire soon. I would like to get a Thai license. What do I need to do?

  • Asked on Friday, February 16, 2001 | 01:52 AM
    Sarah Jupp, Muang, Phuket

You should come to our office on Rattanakosin 200 Phi Rd in Phuket Town. Bring your international license (plus one copy), your passport (plus one copy), a doctor’s certificate verifying you are fit to drive, proof of your address as notified to the Immigration Office, and a one-inch photo of yourself. You will also have to pass an eyesight test at our office. The fee for a car driver’s license is 105 baht. For a motorcycle license it is 55 baht. Both types of license are valid for one year.

  • Answered on Friday, February 16, 2001 | 01:52 AM
    Phuket Provincial Transportation Office

Note: Correct-size Polaroid photos can be obtained cheaply from mobile “studios” by the road, right outside the Transportation Office.

  • Answered on Friday, February 16, 2001 | 01:52 AM
    Gazette Online
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer