House registration for foreigners

How does a foreigner who is married to a Thai national, and has a work-permit, acquire a tabien baan (house registration document) without owning a house or condo?

  • Asked on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 | 11:10 PM
    Stuart Montgomery, Patong

Only foreigners who have been granted permanent residence by the executive committee of the Ministry of the Interior may have their name registered on a tabien baan. Applications for permanent residence are submitted to the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office in Phuket Town, which, if satisfied that the application meets the requirements, passes it on to Bangkok. Applications are considered once a year and only foreigners who have had a one-year residence visa for at least three consecutive years may apply.

  • Answered on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 | 11:10 PM
    Phuket Provincial Immigration Dept
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer