Marriage and visas

I will marry a Thai national within six months. When I marry, can I change my class of visa immediately, or do I have to wait until it is renewed?

  • Asked on Friday, June 1, 2001 | 07:23 AM
    Barrie Westbrook, England.

To change your visa you must apply to the Immigration Office, bringing proof that you really are married to a Thai and that you live together as husband and wife. The other documents required will depend of a type of visa that you wish to apply for. If you want to change the type of visa straight away after your marriage, you must go to the Immigration Department in Bangkok. To apply there, your existing visa should have less than 20 days to go before expiry.

  • Answered on Friday, June 1, 2001 | 07:23 AM
    Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer