Long-term permits to stay

Attracting elderly people to enjoy long-term stays in Phuket sounds like a fine concept, but some aspects of long-term stays have not been made attractive at all. Why do I have to travel out of the country every three months? As I am elderly, why can’t I just go to the Immigration Office and have my permit to stay extended?

  • Asked on Friday, November 9, 2001 | 06:30 PM
    Retiree, Kata.

To stay longer than 90 days at a time, you should come to the Immigration Office and apply for a long-term extension. The length of the extension, which is decided by the Superintendent of Phuket Immigration Office, will vary depending on the merits of each case. For example, extensions for a foreigner married to a Thai may be up to a year, while an extension for a foreigner who works as a singer may be only 30 days. For more information call the Phuket Immigration Office at 076-212108 or 076-221905.

  • Answered on Friday, November 9, 2001 | 06:30 PM
    Pol Maj Pisan Deedoykhar, Inspector, Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer