Visa for foreign spouse

I have a Non-Immigrant B visa and my work permit application is currently being processed. I am married and would like to know what visa my dependent wife should apply for, once my work permit is granted.

  • Asked on Friday, November 9, 2001 | 06:31 PM
    S Smith, Kamala.

Your wife should obtain a Non-Immigrant O visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate before coming to Thailand. On entering Thailand, she will be granted 90 days’ stay. During that time, you and your wife should come to the Phuket Immigration Office and apply for her to have a long-term permit to stay on the basis that she is married to a foreigner who has a work permit. You will need to present originals of your work permit, marriage certificate, your passport and your wife’s passport. Your wife will be granted the same length of stay in Thailand as you are. For more information call the Phuket Immigration Office at 076-212108 or 076-221905.

  • Answered on Friday, November 9, 2001 | 06:31 PM
    Pol Lt Col Paisan Deedoykhar, Inspector, Phuket Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer