Reporting noisy bars

In the past year, no fewer than 10 karaoke bars have opened in Chalong, between Soi Anuson and the shooting range on Patak Rd. These venues play blaring music all night long, making it impossible to sleep. Recently, at least two bars started featuring live bands and the vibration from the bass and drums can be heard at least three kilometers away. One of these bars with a live band has been shut down twice before, and I am wondering why it is allowed to open and do the same thing all over again. I have called the Governor’s hotline (076-211101) with no...

  • Asked on Friday, December 7, 2001 | 11:13 AM
    Sleepless in Chalong.

Our officers often patrol to try and get rid of noisy, illegal bars that annoy neighbors. Please call and tell me the names of these bars.

  • Answered on Friday, December 7, 2001 | 11:13 AM
    Pol Col Sati Malakanond, Superintendent, Chalong Police Station.

People with persistent noise pollution problems should call the police at 191 or, if a resident in Chalong District, the Chalong Police Station at 076-280511 or 01-677883.

  • Answered on Friday, December 7, 2001 | 11:13 AM
    Phuket Gazette.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer