Company and land ownership

I have three questions: If a foreigner is the “owner” of a company, should his/her name on official papers appear in western or Thai script? How can I find out who the owners of a particular company are? How can I find out who owns a particular piece of land?

  • Asked on Thursday, March 4, 2004 | 11:12 AM
    Ignorant, Phuket.

Your name on official papers can be written in Western script. However, the official papers themselves must be in Thai script. If you want those papers in English, you should contact a company that is licensed to translate official Thai papers into English. If you want information about a particular company, please contact our office.

  • Answered on Thursday, March 4, 2004 | 11:12 AM
    Veerachai Tantiwathanavallop, Chief, Phuket Business Development Office.

To get information about a specific piece of land, please go to the Phuket Provincial Land Office. Make sure you know the specific location of the land or have copies of land titles adjoining the land in question. Please note that only lawyers may obtain copies of land papers.

  • Answered on Thursday, March 4, 2004 | 11:12 AM
    Prajak Tongrod, Legal Officer, Phuket Provincial Land Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer