Hooking up to three-phase power supply

If there are three-phase power lines already in front of your house, can the electricity authority make you to buy a big transformer, or can you be connected through a normal three-phase meter? If you already have a transformer, how much should it cost to connect to the main line?

  • Asked on Monday, April 12, 2004 | 06:16 PM
    Bepy, Cherng Talay.

If the three-phase power lines in front of your house are high-voltage lines, you will need a transformer to reduce the voltage before the lines are hooked up to your three-phase meter. To install such a transformer will cost about 100,000 baht. To have a three-phase transformer installed, please come to our office and fill out an application form. If you are a foreigner, you will need to bring your passport and a letter from Immigration confirming your address in Thailand. If you are Thai, you must bring your tabien baan (house registration paper) and your ID card. If you already have a three-phase meter and there is no need to install a transformer, then we can connect the three-phase power supply to your house. This will cost about 98 baht a meter for the cables, plus 1,500 baht for each power pole required, plus labor charges. However, before any installing is done, it is best to have one of our engineers inspect your location to determine what is required. For more information, contact our office located opposite the Bangkok Bank branch on Thepkrasattri Rd, in Phuket City. Tel: 076-311148. We are open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.

  • Answered on Monday, April 12, 2004 | 06:16 PM
    Worawut Thirabenjakul, Customer Service, Phuket Provincial Electricity Authority.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer