What kind of health certificate do I need?

I went to the Immigration office in Phuket City to renew my extension to stay. I took the same documents that I took to Immigration in Bangkok last year, but this time I was told that I now need to provide a medical certificate, but I was not told what I should be tested for or what the certificate should state. Can you find out?

  • Asked on Thursday, July 8, 2004 | 03:53 PM
    Roger Neill, Chalong.

Only foreigners staying in Thailand on a “retirement” visa are required to show a medical certificate verifying that the applicant is healthy and does not suffer from elephantiasis, tuberculosis or leprosy, and is not addicted to alcoholic or a user of illegal drugs. People found to be suffering from any of these conditions are not permitted to enter Thailand.

  • Answered on Thursday, July 8, 2004 | 03:53 PM
    Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen, Deputy Inspector, Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer