Buying a car as a tourist

As a tourist in Phuket, can I buy and register a car in my own name?

  • Asked on Saturday, September 18, 2004 | 01:52 PM
    Gilbert Converset

Yes you may. To do this you need to bring to us your passport with a valid visa in it and an “address confirmation paper”, as well as all the normal papers for the transfer of ownership.

The address confirmation paper is a document confirming your address in Thailand. It can be obtained from the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.

  • Answered on Saturday, September 18, 2004 | 01:52 PM
    Teerayuth Prasertphol, Chief of the Phuket Provincial Transportation Office (PPTO).
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer