Getting a house number

What is the correct procedure for obtaining a house/street number for a newly-built house in Chalong?

We went to the relevant authority in Phuket City and were told we needed the Simon Cree, Chalong.(village headman) for Chalong to sign a form.

We took this form to his house and have now been waiting for six weeks. I understand he is a very busy man but is there another way to do this?

  • Asked on Saturday, October 23, 2004 | 12:18 PM
    Simon Cree, Chalong.

After Chalong Tambon Administration Organization (OrBorTor) has given you planning permission and the property is more than 80% finished, you should take the planning permission document and a house number form – from the Muang District Office – to your Phu Yai Baan to sign.

It is up to the Phu Yai Baan to check that all the documents are genuine. If it is taking a long time, you should ask the Phu Yai Baan if there’s anything wrong or whether you need to present additional documentation.

You should check with the Phu Yai Baan regularly, asking him why there is a delay.

When the Phu Yai Baan signs the form, you should take it, plus the planning permission document, the land deed, your passport (or in the case of a Thai person , your ID card and house registration) to the Muang District Office, which will issue you with a house number.

  • Answered on Saturday, October 23, 2004 | 12:18 PM
    Karnjana Hongboonyanurak, Registration Officer at Muang District Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer