How to obtain planning permission

I would like to know how to find out if a certain piece of land already has planning permission, and if it doesn’t, how I can apply for a permit.

  • Asked on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 | 04:24 PM
    PA, UK.

The building permission would be issued by the tambon administration organization (OrBorTor) or the municipal office responsible for the area where the land is, but actually the landowner should know whether there is an existing building permit.

Building permits have a limited life-span, after which they expire.

A building must be built according to the specifications given on the plans which were approved. If any changes are required, an application must made to change the plans, and this must go through the approval process again.

If there is no building permit, you should submit the plans for the structure you would like to build to the OrBorTor or municipality. The plans must be certified by an architect or an engineer.

  • Answered on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 | 04:24 PM
    Pratuan Tanarak, LLB, of the International Law Office, Patong Beach.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer