Becoming a mobile food vendor

Does my Thai girlfriend need a license to sell hot food from a street cart in Patong?

  • Asked on Monday, January 22, 2007 | 08:00 PM
    David Washbourn, Patong.

I’m sorry but Patong Municipality will not issue any new licenses for street food vendors. This has been government policy since the tsunami.

We have made a few exceptions but only for a few villagers to sell food in front of Baan Kalim School.

If your girlfriend would like to sell hot food, I recommend that she sells it at a private plot, and not in a public area such as on the street or on the beach.

  • Answered on Monday, January 22, 2007 | 08:00 PM
    Sompong Jeamtuo, an official at Patong Municipality.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer