Horsing around at the PPLO

I’ve got four horses that I need to drive to a quarantine stable near Bangkok. I understand I need documentation issued by the Phuket Provincial Livestock Office (PPLO) in Phuket City to pass through the checkpoint onto the mainland, but every time I’ve gone to the office no one is there who can assist me and no one is willing to make an appointment for me with the appropriate official.

I cannot keep asking my vet to waste his time as he has accompanied me as a translator. Please, time is running short. Do I really need this document?

  • Asked on Thursday, August 16, 2007 | 10:48 AM
    Chisty Sweet, Thalang.

Yes, you need the document. Getting the right document is not complicated, but you must do it.

At the PPLO we have an officer on duty to issue livestock movement documents at all times during office hours.

The documentation is necessary to show to officers at Tah Chat Chai checkpoint. If you want to move a livestock animal such as an elephant, horse, buffalo, goat, sheep or pig you have to have a document called Ror 4. This is to help prevent livestock diseases spreading between provinces.

It only takes about an hour to submit the necessary information about the animal, such as destination and vaccination history. Our officers will also check the condition of the animal before issuing the document. There is no charge for the service.

Applicants must have papers from the destination to confirm that the animal will move there.

For more information please contact the PPLO at 076-216934.

  • Answered on Thursday, August 16, 2007 | 10:48 AM
    Veeraphap Termkiapaisarn, a vet at the Phuket Provincial Livestock Office (PPLO).
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer