Visa for a handicapped relative

We would like to ask Immigration what we can do about our 46-year-old sister who has a paralyzed hand and leg and who is currently not working. We have nobody to look after her in India and we would like to know the procedure to bring her to Phuket?

  • Asked on Friday, August 17, 2007 | 10:31 AM
    Disha Sadarangani, Phuket.

We don’t have a visa especially for handicapped people. As for visas issued to relatives of people who are living in Thailand, we issue such visas only to spouses, parents and children, which does not include sisters or brothers.

Your sister can apply for a 30-day tourist visa, which can be extended for seven days after the visa expires.

  • Answered on Friday, August 17, 2007 | 10:31 AM
    Pol Capt Krissarat Nusen of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.
Send a letter about this Issue & Answer