PHUKET: A Russian tourist died in a fall from an interior balcony at a holiday rental home in Kathu, central Phuket, early yesterday morning.

Thung Thong Police received a report at 2:45am that Russian tourist Anton Oleynikov, 32, had died in the fall at the private residence at Loch Palm.

Police Duty Officer Chana Suttimard said that Mr Oleynikov and his friends had rented the large home where Mr Oleynikov had occupied an upstairs room,” said Lt Col Chana.

The body is now at Patong Hospital awaiting medical examination.

Police have informed the Russian Embassy of the incident.
– Phuket Gazette

Is it me or is there an unusually high rate of tourist deaths from falls from balconies in Phuket? And this time from an interior balcony, no less. I know this subject has come up many times before, which makes me wonder even more. RIP and condolences to the family.

Posted by Solo December 31, 2011 10:53:00PM

Posted by Solo

Yeah there is. But there's also a high rate of accidents related to alcohol intake. Sounds like this is the culprit in most cases.

Posted by Mood January 1, 2012 04:24:31PM