PHUKET: A deeply-invested transsexual was nabbed by Pattaya Police for dancing topless during Songkran celebrations this past week.

Narinmek Phaophan, 21, told cops he/she had spent half a million baht on surgery to be transformed into a woman – and she wanted people to see the results of her investment.

On April 13, police were tipped off by local people that a ladyboy was acting 'inappropriately' at a beer bar and went to investigate.

When they arrived at the scene, a beer bar in the Na Kluea area of Pattaya, they found Mrs Narinmek dancing with her surgically enhanced hogans (breasts) in clear view.

Officers told Ms Narinmek to stop dancing and put a shirt on. Ms Narinmek at first refused and continued to wiggle her investment in the general direction of the crowd.

Officers then ordered her to stop immediately and took her to Pattaya City Police Station.

Ms Narinmek, from Buri Ram Province in Thailand’s Northeast, told officers she had spent 500,000 baht on sex-change operations which were funded by money given to her by a foreign boyfriend.

Post-op Narinmek, whose name means “Heavenly Angel”, then went to the bar she was arrested at to work as a prostitute.

She said on the day in question she wanted to show people the fun bags that had cost her so much money. She added that she was confident she was more beautiful and danced better than anyone.

Ms Narinmek told police she had performed topless many times before and would gladly do it again, since the tits “hadn’t come cheap”.

She was charged with public indecency and released after paying a fine.
– Sanook.com

I thought that under Thai law they do not recognise these people as female. If this is true, was he/she charged as a female or male. If male, what law has been broken? Okay, I know that in Thailand even for a male to go topless is considered inappropriate, so the "culture police" must be very busy arresting all those topless males.

Posted by Laurie Howells April 17, 2013 09:44:20AM

Posted by Laurie Howells

Most of those topless males are farang, I believe. It's disgusting the way so many of them walk around and even drive motorbikes and cars with no shirt on. I wish the police WOULD arrest them, but it seems they always want to be nice to foreigners, I don't know why.

Posted by Fair is Fair April 17, 2013 10:12:16AM

Posted by Laurie Howells

Posted by Fair is Fair

Agree. They let farang get away with everything here. I don't understand because Thais, male and female, do not go topless and they put a lot of importance on behaving 'politely'. So why should farang be allowed to behave any different?

Posted by Diane Webster April 17, 2013 10:20:42AM

Posted by Laurie Howells

Posted by Fair is Fair

Posted by Diane Webster

Agree, most topless males are farang, but I also find it very strange, that many Thai males will have their shirts hitched to just below their man boobs. As for farang, many in their own country go topless, hopefully not in shopping centers, so they think being here it is OK, NO ONE tells any tourist about Thai culture, what is and is not appropriate. Who really is at fault? TBC

Posted by Laurie Howells April 17, 2013 10:40:52AM

Posted by Laurie Howells

Posted by Fair is Fair

Posted by Diane Webster

Cont. Phuket as a tourist destination, that sells itself as a tourist destination really should learn to accept the differences in cultures. Tourists are the customer, Thais need to accept this which includes what Thais see as inappropriate, although not to extremes. If they can not accept this then maybe Phuket should stop selling itself to the world. ED, keep replies ON topic.

Posted by Laurie Howells April 17, 2013 10:47:06AM

Typical low class. Gets a lot of money from a previous boyfriend and when the relationship breaks down wants to show off and get more money as a prostitute. Did she also get him to buy a motorbike – a normal product. What can people expect a debate with her on Federalism in Europe. Utter rubbish people.

Posted by Fiesty Farang April 17, 2013 12:24:21PM

What would we do without having PG as our news-story-source? Here, a person, dancing topless in bar, as NEWS. Not only that, it happened 4 days ago.....and in Pattaya....

Posted by richard April 17, 2013 12:33:43PM

Get real, you two. With all the gays running around, you are concerned about a guy trying to get a sun tan on a motorbike?

Posted by Bruce April 17, 2013 08:14:36PM

One step out of the jungle and behaving like a monkey.

Posted by Fiesty Farang. April 18, 2013 01:22:32PM

Standards are funny. In the USA 'she' would be a desirable pretty woman. In Thailand, my only interest would be from curiosity.

Posted by Caine May 11, 2013 04:37:10AM

Posted by Caine May 11, 2013 04:37:10AM

One step out of the jungle and behaving like a monkey.

Posted by Fiesty Farang. April 18, 2013 01:22:32PM